As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Harebrained Schemes, you will primarily develop testing scripts to automate the testing of the major features and the performance of them in complex turn based games. You will serve as a technical contact on the test team, and may also be asked to develop tools to ease the role of test overall.
If you are a thoughtful collaborator, with a deep understanding of—and appreciation for—the deep complexities found in the cross section of test and engineering, we’d love to talk with you.
This is an on-site, full-time individual contributor role.
(Please note that we are currently working from home due to Covid-19. We will return to the office in stages when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, all interviews will be done virtually.)
What You’ll Do
- Write and maintain test automation scripts for major game features
- Write data analysis tools in order to help optimize the game
- Develop additional game specific tools and testing hooks as required
- Execute and track the results of automated testing and communicate test status to the team as needed
- Prioritize work from multiple customers to ease the production schedule as much as possible
- Communicate successfully with external partners as needed.
- Collaborate with the Core Tech team to improve and extend automated testing tools
- Analyze existing features for bugs and performance issues.
- Produce functional, maintainable code that meets performance requirements
- Engage in code review of existing and new code to improve code quality whenever possible.
- Assist with improving existing documentation as well as ensuring consistent documentation and adherence to coding standards in newly developed code.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, QA, and Production teams to maximize your contributions.
- Provide achievable task estimations based on your own ability.
What You’ll Bring
- You have professional game testing or development experience
- You have direct experience in test or quality assurance, or a deep passion for the details and dedication involved in game testing
- You are proficient in Python 3
- You have experience with C#
- You are proficient with modern QA strategies, terminology, and technology
- Familiar with keyword driven test development
- You are comfortable working with and quickly learning a wide variety of technologies
- You are comfortable working with others in a highly-collaborative, fun, and agile environment.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Robot Framework
- Working knowledge of RESTful services
- Lower level programming language experience like C or C++
- Experience in linux administration, or shell scripting
Employment Eligibility Requirement
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible.
What to Expect at HBS
All HBS employees
- Contribute respectfully with empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Can work collaboratively in a team as well as independently
- Are able to be self-directed in their work and learning
- Bring a growth mindset to the work they do
Working at HBS Means
- Work-life balance: a work family that doesn’t replace your family-family
- Flexible workday hours and work-from-home opportunities
- Time off when you need it: a wellness-first and family-first mindset
- High transparency and easy access to studio leadership
- Generous medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA, and both short & long-term disability
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years Day
- Matching 401(k) program
- Annual profit-sharing from Paradox Interactive
- Easy access off I-405 and free parking
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet-friendly office
You should apply to work at HBS if you want to:
Make amazing game experiences with co-workers who are just as committed to their craft as you are
Be part of a project small enough (30-45 members) for everyone to have a significant impact
Join a warm, inclusive and diverse team, with a respectful and collaborative culture
Evolve and learn with us in a growth-mindset environment