Harebrained Schemes is looking for an Audio Engineer to join our Core Tech team and create great audio tools to our sound designers and a great audio experience to our players!
If you are a thoughtful collaborator, with a deep understanding of—and appreciation for—player experiences across a variety of game genres and audiences, we’d love to talk with you.
This is an on-site, full-time individual contributor role.
What You’ll Do
- Write editor C# Unity scripts for tools and features that enhance our Wwise/Unity interface and functionality
- Write runtime C# scripts to drive audio implementations in our games
- Keep up to date on Unity and Wwise features and technology
- Collaborate with the audio and engineering teams to implement specific game audio
- Debug existing audio features for bugs and performance issues.
- Produce functional, maintainable code that meets performance requirements
- Engage in code review of existing and new code to improve code quality whenever possible.
- Assist with improving existing documentation as well as ensuring consistent documentation and adherence to coding standards in newly developed code.
- Collaborate with the Audio, Engineering, QA, and Production teams to maximize your contributions.
- Provide achievable task estimations based on your own ability.
Shared Services Responsibilities
- Help develop and deploy the shared Unity development API and toolset that grounds all HBS products.
- Communicate with multiple active development game projects to ensure their individual needs are met.
- Evaluate and promote existing project code into the shared API.
What You’ll Bring
- You have experience working on audio-related issues with audio teams
- You have professional Unity development experience.
- You are proficient in C#
- You have a working knowledge of game audio technologies and tools.
- You’re comfortable working in a large existing code-base with excellent code comprehension and a willingness to refactor as needed.
- You have good communication skills
- You understand pro audio terminology and have a passion for audio in games
Additional Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- Experience with the Wwise audio engine
- You’ve shipped a modern Unity title
- You have a broad knowledge of game technologies and tools.
Employment Eligibility Requirement
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible.
What to Expect at HBS
All HBS employees
- Contribute respectfully with empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Can work collaboratively in a team as well as on your own
- Are able to be self-directed in their work and learning
- Bring a growth mindset to the work they do
Working at HBS Means
- Work-life balance: a work family that doesn’t replace your family-family
- Flexible workday hours
- Time off when you need it: a wellness-first and family-first mindset
- High transparency and easy access to studio leadership
- Generous medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA, and both short & long-term disability
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years Day
- 401(k) program
- Annual profit-sharing from Paradox Interactive
- Easy access off I-405 and free parking
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet-friendly office
You should apply to work at HBS if you want to
- Make amazing game experiences with co-workers who are just as passionate about their craft as you are
- Be part of a project small enough (45-50 members) for everyone to have a significant impact
- Join a warm, inclusive and diverse team, with a respectful and collaborative culture
- Evolve and learn with us in a growth-mindset environment