Harebrained Schemes is looking for two Producers to join our team - one mid-level and one senior level - to join our production team midway through development of a new turn-based strategy game.
If you are a thoughtful collaborator who enjoys working with a highly creative and talented team and supporting smooth and predictable outcomes, we'd love to talk with you.
These are full time, individual contributor roles that can be fully remote for candidates able to work Pacific Time hours with preference given to those who are available to work on-site two days a week in our hybrid Kirkland, WA office.
All interviews will be done virtually.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience as a games producer working in a scrum-based Agile environment
- Knowledge of both PC and console development processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with people in all disciplines that come together to make a game: Engineering, Art, Design, Audio, UX/UI, QA, and others
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Seasoned people skills: humility, backbone, team support, listening, trust building, sense of humor, creativity
- Growth mindset - for yourself and in support of other producers, the project team
- Experience with Jira / Confluence
- Have shipped at least 1 game on multiple non-mobile platforms
Producers at HBS
- Get results - they ship a game, not a process
- Reduce ambiguity in all aspects of a project
- Exercise solid judgment using data, experience, and input to make wise decisions, involving studio leadership at the appropriate time
- Get problems solved through listening, negotiating, collaborating, assimilating, and communicating
- Think strategically, managing risk vs. reward, profit vs. goodwill, effort vs. results
- Lead with empathy, optimism, enthusiasm, humility, candor, and respect, treating teammates like talent, not resources
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of tactical strategy games
- Understanding of 3D character and environmental art pipelines
- Familiarity with Unity development
- Experience with shepherding effective collaboration within a hybrid office setting
At HBS, we set our salary ranges by balancing benchmarking data for the game industry with internal equity, making sure our offers are in line with the pay of others in the studio who have similar roles and seniority. When a role can be filled by candidates at different levels, base pay offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience.
The total compensation package also includes other elements, such as profit sharing with our parent company, eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan with matching contributions from HBS, as well as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Employment Eligibility Requirement
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible.
What to Expect at HBS
All HBS employees
- Contribute respectfully with empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Can work collaboratively in a team as well as on your own
- Are able to be self-directed in their work and learning
- Bring a growth mindset to the work they do
Working at HBS Means:
- Work-life balance and flexible workday hours with work-from-home opportunities
- Time off when you need it: a wellness-first and family-first mindset
- High transparency and easy access to studio leadership
- Generous medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA, and both short & long-term disability
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years Day
- 401(k) program
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Flexible hybrid and remote opportunities
You should apply to work at HBS if you want to:
- Make amazing game experiences with co-workers who are just as committed to their craft as you are
- Be part of a project small enough (50-60 members) for everyone to have a significant impact
- Join a warm, inclusive and diverse team, with a respectful and collaborative culture
- Evolve and learn with us in a growth-mindset environment